Cosmetic Products Testing
Nov 3, 2021
Each cosmetic product manufactured and launched on the market must be safe for human health.
In the European Union, cosmetic products are governed by the Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products, as amended. According to Article 2 of the Regulation, „cosmetic product“ means any substance or mixture intended to be placed in contact with the external parts of the human body. Each cosmetic product must be accompanied with a safety report issued by state authorities and specialized companies.
In ALS laboratories, we test cosmetic products using fast, accurate methods and state-of-the-art instruments. For the safety report, we cover the microbiological quality, exclusion of prohibited substances, verification of the content or chemical properties, and preservative effectiveness of cosmetic products.
Areas of testing:
- Microbiological analyses
- Detection and enumeration of aerobic mesophilic bacteria by cultivation
- Enumeration of Total Yeast and Mould Count
- Detection of Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Detection of Staphylococcus aureus
- Detection of Candida albicans
- Detection of Escherichia coli
- Preservative Effectiveness Testing in cosmetic products
- Heavy metals and mineral elements – verification of the content of mineral elements and ruling out the presence of heavy metal contaminants by ICP-MS, mass spectrometr
- Vitamins - – most frequently vitamins A, E and C
- Other chemical analyses including preservatives (parabens)
Cosmetic Products Testing leaflet to download